In this article, we list some of the benefits to answer - why be a stay-at-home mom?
Each woman has her own set of priorities and reasons why she chooses to do things. I've listed some benefits for women working from home and divided them up into these categories: expense factors, time factors, stress factors and relationship factors. They are NOT listed in any order of importance. Naturally, for each woman, some factors will weigh more heavily than others.
- Your schedule is your own. Imagine having no boss or time clock that shapes your day for you.
- Flexibility to do more things you enjoy like reading, gardening, shopping, bubble bathes with your favorite music playing, playing an instrument, walking barefoot along the beach, etc.
- More time to manage the financial details - not having to do it in a rush or on the fly.
- Easier to keep the house clean on a daily basis.
- Easier to cook healthy meals which can be tough when you not home most of the time.
- More time to prepare lunches - also an expense factor because eating fast food lunch can eat away at the budget.
- Less expense for transportation back and forth to work.
- Less expense for wardrobe especially if your work requires professional attire.
- Less expense for childcare which is a huge factor especially if you have more than one child.
- Less stress with no morning rush to get everyone out the door AND on time.
- Less stress with no rush-hour traffic to deal with every morning and evening.
- No missing work when your child is sick and you can't find alternative childcare.
- Easier to schedule doctor visits since you're schedule allows appointments in the middle of the day when most people are at work.